[Kea-users] CIDR or range notation in relay lists when using shared-networks?

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:58:35 UTC 2023

Hello Klaus,

In addition to what Peter said, another option would be to use shared
networks and add the subnet for relays along with the subnet of
addresses that you wish to allocate to the clients to a shared
network.  See: https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.2.0/arm/dhcp4-srv.html#shared-networks-in-dhcpv4

Example:

{
"Dhcp4": {
    "shared-networks": [
        {
           "subnet4": [
                {
                    // relays
                    "subnet": "10.1.0.0/21"
                },
                {
                    // client subnet
                    "subnet": "192.0.2.0/24",
                    "pools": [ { "pool":  "192.0.2.100 - 192.0.2.199" } ]
                }
            ]
        }
     ]