[Kea-users] Reservations via hostnames

Luigi Baldoni aloisio at gmx.com
Fri Dec 29 10:55:56 UTC 2023

Sent: Monday, December 25, 2023 at 12:25 PM
From: "Darren Ankney" <darren.ankney at gmail.com>

> No.  That is not possible.  If you want to only keep IP addresses
> updated in one place, I suggest you have a look at ddns and make Kea
> the source of truth.

 Hello,
I suspected ddns was an option as other people here have suggested in
more detail.
I just wonder if hostnames that aren't assigned will be resolved anyway.

Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2023 at 2:40 PM
From: "Darren Ankney" <darren.ankney at gmail.com>

> I think I may have misunderstood what you were asking for.  Can you
> please provide an example configuration from ISC DHCP as I think that
> will explain best what you are trying to achieve.

This is what I do on the old ISC dhcpd:

host myhost {
  hardware ethernet 08:00:aa:bb:cc:dd;
  fixed-address myhost;
}

But as I understand this feature was dropped for good, am I correct?

Thank you all