[Kea-users] DHCPv6 Option 37

Nicholas Warren nwarren at barryelectric.com
Fri Aug 25 13:41:27 UTC 2023

I searched around a bit on the archive, but I wasn't seeing anyone talk about logging DHCPv6 Option 37. This is the only thing keeping us from moving from ISC-DHCP to Kea. I haven't found a way to enable this logging without a mystery forensics license I cannot find any information on. The support pricing is 100 times our willingness to pay, so I cannot use that.

Does anyone have a method of logging option 37? https://labs.ripe.net/author/teklov/persistent-dhcpv6-prefix-delegation-at-gavlenet/ shows parsing option 37 from debug information. Is parsing the debug information something anyone has done in production?

Thanks,
Nich Warren