[Kea-users] kea-dhcp failover not working

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:49:25 UTC 2023

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the observation, I was trying on the two different sets of
servers, and while copying the config these are missed, I have corrected
them but still, it didn't work at first, then I removed the certificate
params values like
"trust-anchor": "",
"cert-file": "",
"key-file": "",
in both the kea-DHCP service file and control-agent config. In
control-agent.conf I also added "cert-required": false
it worked and I am able to get a lease but here I have doubts. When I add
the certificates back again it is not working
I tried to add a debug logging configuration for kea-ctrl-agent.http like
 "loggers": [
        {
            "name": "kea-dhcp4",
            "debuglevel": 99,
            "output_options": [
                {
                    "output": "/var/log/kea-dhcp4.log"
                }
            ],
            "severity": "DEBUG"
        },
{
            "name": "kea-ctrl-agent.http  ",
            "debuglevel": 99,
            "output_options": [
                {
                    "output": "/var/log/kea-ctrl-agent.http.log"
                }
            ],
            "severity": "DEBUG"
        }
    ]
 but I don't see any logs even after starting the server,
1)Do we have any way where we can increase debugging for the HTTP agent and
see if there are any issues?
2)In hot standby mode I tried to check the failover case. It worked only
when I set the max-unacked-clients to zero only as part of a suggestion
from one of the GitHub URLs but want to cross-check if that is the correct
expected way.
3)And one last confirmation: when we are running the Kea with HA we should
run the keactrl_agent on all the appliances?
Asking this because generally, I prefer using systemctl for my services and
for kea I used it so just checking if should I use keactrl_agent also to be
monitored by systemctl service

Thanks in Advance
Kraishak