[Kea-users] kea-dhcp failover not working

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:07:24 UTC 2023

Hui Kraishak,

The first thing I see is that your failover configs aren't exactly the
same.  They have two differences that I see:

"max-unacked-clients": 5,
vs
"max-unacked-clients": 0,

and

"url": "http://192.168.0.169:8000/",
vs
"url": "http://192.168.0.126:8000/",

You really want those configurations to be the same except the
"this-server-name":  portion.

I also see that the "url": "http://192.168.0.169:8000/", on the
primary (in the standby server slot) does not match what you are
listening to in your control agent on the standby server:

"http-host": "192.168.0.126",
        "http-port": 8000,

I imagine if you fix that typo, it will begin to work.

Thank you,

Darren Ankney