[Kea-users] HA with kea-dhcp4: beginner questions

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:12:42 UTC 2022

I just noticed your date/time pattern:  %d{%j %H:%M:%S.%q} %c %m  You
might want to change to  %D{%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%q %Z} %-5p [%c/%i.%t]
%m (or at least capitalize the %D as I think the content in {} is a
description of the output you want from %D).  You can also add a %Z in
the format message to show a timezone, I believe.

> To me it looks as if the logged time is one hour off my local timezone
> (CET). It would be great to fix that.

Isn't CET currently 1 hour ahead of UTC?  So, if your Kea server is
logging one hour behind, then it must be logging in UTC.  I didn't see
anything in the documentation to indicate it would or wouldn't respect
local zoneinfo.  I assume your server itself is configured as CET?

Looking at this bit in the Logging instructions:

%D{%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%q} “%D” is the local date and time when the log
message is generated, while everything between the curly braces, “{}”,
are date and time components. From the example log above this
produces: 2019-08-05 14:27:45.871

It seems like %D uses the local date and time which I take to mean
that it will use your zoneinfo configured on the server.