[Kea-users] How do I install and configure ISC Kea DHCP Server on RHEL 9.0?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Nov 15 04:50:24 UTC 2022

On 11/14/2022 7:53 AM, Dan Oachs wrote:
> I would start by installing the cloudsmith repository and then you can
> use yum/dnf to install kea:
> https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-2-2/setup/#formats-rpm
>
> Once you have kea installed, follow the Kea documentation here:
> https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.2.0/

Is there any reason to avoid kea-2.3? I've been using 2.1.7 on CentOS 7
and am about to migrate my config to a Rocky 8 server.

Also, the instructions for setting the repo up here say to use yum for
RHEL distros, but RHEL uses dnf since RHEL-8. (There's a courtesy
symlink so one can use the "yum" command but it just invokes dnf.) I
tried to use the manual instructions for dnf for Fedora but they assume
one is using Fedora 29. I edited the resulting
/etc/yum.repos.d/isc-kea-2-3.repo to replace fedora/29 with el/8 and
that made Rocky 8's dnf work and find the 2.3 packages.

https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-2-3/setup/#formats-rpm