[Kea-users] shared-network "interface" and "relay" parameters

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Fri Jun 17 09:00:35 UTC 2022

Veronique Lefebure writes:
> Ok, this is clear.
> It is well described on https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/umls.html#dhcpv4
> -subnet-selection
> Can you confirm that "interface" and "relay" parameters, which, in KEA, can b
> e configured either at the level of the shared-network, or at the level of th
> e subnet,
> 1) are both optional parameters and are not really needed in "standard" topol
> ogies, and

=> what I said is they are rarely together: either the network is directly
attached to the server and the interface used by the server is configured,
or the network is not directly attached so there is one (or more) relay
and the relay address is configured.

> 2) that these 2 parameters don't exist in ISC DHCP. They are new with KEA, right ?

=> yes, in ISC DHCP you have to specify them in each subnet member of the
shared network or use a group to factor them. In general the ISC DHCP
configuration is far less structured than the Kea one...

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>