[Kea-users] updates to existing leases

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Jul 13 13:57:56 UTC 2022

S a i f e r via Kea-users writes:
> Hello! We have strict host reservation by circuit-id: "hostname:port" =3D> =
> "ip" and protection from manual ip by switch capabilities (dhcp snooping + =
> ip source guard). Users get ip - all is well. But when replacing a device (=
> change mac-address), we have to wait for the end of the lease time, which i=
> s very inconvenient. Having studied the issue, I came to the conclusion tha=
> t in our configuration we don=E2=80=99t need the lease-database - is it pos=
> sible to disable it completely? Or as an option, match the lease not by cli=
> ent-id/chaddr, but by circuit-id. These settings would bring us a lot of co=
> nvenience and productivity. Are there any solutions I haven't come up with =
> on my own? Thank you.

=> the replace-client-id parameter of the flex-id hook does what you want:
when it is set to true (which is not the default) the client identifier
in the query message is replaced by the flex-id value so the lease and
the host reservation are identified by the same value. The initial client
identifier is put in the response so this is not visible by the client.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>