[Kea-users] updates to existing leases

S a i f e r saifer05 at rambler.ru
Wed Jul 13 09:52:30 UTC 2022

Hello! We have strict host reservation by circuit-id: "hostname:port" => "ip" and protection from manual ip by switch capabilities (dhcp snooping + ip source guard). Users get ip - all is well. But when replacing a device (change mac-address), we have to wait for the end of the lease time, which is very inconvenient. Having studied the issue, I came to the conclusion that in our configuration we don’t need the lease-database - is it possible to disable it completely? Or as an option, match the lease not by client-id/chaddr, but by circuit-id. These settings would bring us a lot of convenience and productivity. Are there any solutions I haven't come up with on my own? Thank you.
Dreams:
global configuration for matching leases:"match-client-id": false,"match-chaddr": false,"match-circuit-id": true, (or "match-flex-id": true)
or global configuration for disable lease-database:"lease-database": { "type": "disable" }
best regards