[Kea-users] Kea-Lease documentation

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Thu Dec 22 10:09:02 UTC 2022

On 22.12.2022 10:52, Kraishak Mahtha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to understand the kea-lease file format and I came across
> the option state where it decides the lease state
> To my understanding, the state 0 indicates an active lease
> and 2 indicates the expiry but sometimes I see the binding state as 1
> but not sure what that means, and I am unable to get any official
> documentation regarding this info. Not sure if we have only 0, 1, 2 as
> states, and more.....
> Does anyone have any idea or any referenced document where I can get
> these options' explanations and validations like what is the max
> value(for other kea-options) that it can take and so on similar things
>
> Any help would be appreciated
> Thanks
> Kraishak

The lease state of 1 means "declined lease". A client declines the lease
when it discovers that someone else is using the leased address.

Kea currently defines only three states for leases: "default" (or
"active"), "declined" and "expired-reclaimed". The last state marks the
leases that have expired and the server processed them during routine
reclamation. In particular, a reclaimed lease has DDNS state cleared.
Such a lease is available for new allocation.

Kind Regards,

Marcin Siodelski
Sr. Software Engineer
ISC