[Kea-users] Wildcard Includes in Kea configuration

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Mon Aug 15 08:32:36 UTC 2022

On 15.08.22 09:36, Carsten Strotmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (this is a question that came up as a follow up from a Kea DHCP training from one participant)
>
> is it possible to include multiple files into the Kea configuration using wildcards in the include statement?
>
> This might help with a setup where the configuration file has been split into snippets managed by a configuration management tool.
>
> I recognise that because of the nature of the Kea configuration file format (JSON) includes are very much position dependent and such a scheme can easy break in the case where the config files are manually managed, but it would help with automatic management systems (puppet, chef, ansible etc).
>
> Would such a function be useful?
>
> Greetings
>
> Carsten

I don't know if an automation will produce different files with
"unpredicable" names that would have to be included into KEA with a
wildcard option. I think that files names from an automation are
predicable and can be just like that included into KEA.

For testing I wrote an automation with ansible that takes the
information from netbox and generates the includes files for KEA. See:
https://blog.sys4.de/netbox-kea-dhcp-en.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München