[Kea-users] Selecting subnet based on circuit-id (OPEN)

Allan M33 Access allan at m33access.com
Wed Dec 15 11:46:42 UTC 2021

The flexible identifier hook for kea will allow you to use the dhcp option 82 sub option 1 as an identifier for leases. The flex hook is part of the premium hook packages though, purchasable on Isc’s website. The package also comes with the legal logging hook.

My setup has the same concept, for my VLANs I set them up as individual interfaces on my box, then I define those interfaces for each subnet in the configuration. I use the flex it to use the circuit id as an identifier with “replace-client-id”: true

Even though the circuit id does have the VLAN in it, I choose subnets by the interface the packet comes in on instead.

-Allan