[Kea-users] Selecting subnet based on circuit-id (OPEN)

Weisteen Per per.weisteen at telenor.no
Wed Dec 15 10:11:39 UTC 2021

Hi

I've just set up KEA 2.0 on a RHEL 8 box using RedHat Repository setup as instructed at cloudsmith.io.
Seems that the packages available for me now is kea.x86_64, kea-devel.x86_64, kea-hooks.x86_64 and kea-libs.x86_64 all of which I have installed.

Seems though I'm missing some libraries mentioned in the kea-dhcp4.conf file like libdhcp_legal_log.so and control-agent-commands.so but I assume they're not critical.

What I initially need is to be able to select beween subnets based on which VLAN/VPN the request comes from. My network guys has set up several Cisco routers which will assign clients to one specific VLAN/VPN if the client manages to authenticate using 802.1x and to another if the authentication fails. Am I correct to believe that Cisco router will supply me with information on which VLAN/VPN a client was assigned to using circuit-id?  Is this a parameter already predefined in KEA or do I have to define it somewhere?

Thanks,

./PerW