[Kea-users] DHCP statements per host reservation like in ISC-DHCPD

Tom Siewert tom at siewert.io
Tue Aug 24 08:05:58 UTC 2021

Hi,

we are evaluating to migrate our current DHCP setup to Kea-DHCP and are
now stuck with host reservations. Currently, our ISC-DHCPD setup is
built with an LDAP backend. We deny any unknown client and, for the host
reservations, we write the subnet-mask and gateway directly into the
host reservation object with the `dhcpStatement` parameter. Since we
have over 100k small subnets, this is a requirement for us and some of
these host reservations have different gateways or subnet masks than in
the subnet4 configuration.

Is that even possible with Kea-DHCP?

Greetings,
Tom