[Kea-users] dhcpv4 log lines explained

Munroe Sollog mus3 at lehigh.edu
Wed Aug 18 13:25:55 UTC 2021

INFO  DHCP4_INIT_REBOOT [hwtype=1 ea:0d:45:c7:a6:2f],
cid=[01:ea:0d:45:c7:a6:2f], tid=0xef2c2a4f: client is in INIT-REBOOT state
and requests address 172.31.33.173

Is there a document that explains what the loggings means a little?  in
dhcpd DORA was very clearly logged and information in each log line was
also clear.  It seems like KEA has adopted SARS (IPv6 logging) notation
perhaps?  Even if that is true, questions remain.

1) I'm not aware of an "INIT-REBOOT" state?
2) I'm assuming hwtype1= <<mac address>> is the client's mac address?
3) What is cid and what is tid?

Hopefully there is some documentation that clarifies all this for me.
Thanks.
--
Munroe Sollog (He/Him/His)
Network Architect