[Kea-users] Configured but gateway is not being delivered by dhcp

Joshua Schaeffer jschaeffer at harmonywave.com
Sat Apr 3 03:42:47 UTC 2021

On 4/2/21 6:59 PM, Craig Dunn wrote:
> Spoke too soon, I have the gateway and the lease looks good, but it's saying there's no internet plus I can't SSH to anything on the network, everything looks ok so not sure what's going on
>
> Thanks
To be clear: your client gets a DHCP address, adds the router to the route table, but you still don't have general internet access on the client? What does the route table look like (ip route show)?

Try the following:

1) Can you ping the client's DHCP address from the client?
2) Can you ping another address in the same subnet (like the gateway) from the client?
3) Can you ping an address beyond the gateway (try 8.8.8.8) from the client?
4) Can you ping www.google.com from the client (sounds like you can't)?

If can successfully perform steps 1 - 3, but not 4 then you have a DNS problem. What OS version is the client running?

--
Thanks,
Joshua Schaeffer