[Kea-users] Storing host reservation in custom database

Marcin Romanowski marcin at nicram.net
Sun May 31 08:04:25 UTC 2020

Hello,
I'd like to store dhcpv4 host reservations in my database which is
currently in production. In documentation I've found, that I can create my
own view and configure it as read-only.

In kea database schema there are columns in host table:
  host_id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
  dhcp_identifier BYTEA NOT NULL,
  dhcp_identifier_type SMALLINT NOT NULL,
  dhcp4_subnet_id INT DEFAULT NULL,
  dhcp6_subnet_id INT DEFAULT NULL,
  ipv4_address BIGINT DEFAULT NULL,
  hostname VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  dhcp4_client_classes VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  dhcp6_client_classes VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL

My question is about `dhcp_identifier` column and ipv4_address. This should
be hw-address, duid corresponding to dhcp_identifier_type. In my database
ipv4 address I store as ::inet.
dhcp4_subnet_id is integer. So I have to in config add subnet_id argument
or I can return string for example "192.168.12.0/24" as subnet?
How could I return data in my view to be proper format for kea?

Best regards
MarcinR