[Kea-users] Implementing a Code of Conduct for the list

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Thu Jul 9 23:25:52 UTC 2020

Kea-users,
This list is a tremendously helpful and generous group that has provided invaluable assistance to both new and experienced users.  I would like to thank all of you who share your time and expertise with random users on the Internet, as well as giving feedback to ISC via this list.
Last year we added a Code of Conduct for our bind-users mailing list and we would like to do the same with this list. We have not had any problems with offensive behavior on this list, but we've decided that this is a change which supports the kind of positive, welcoming community interaction we want to promote.

After some discussion on BIND-users, we adopted a code of conduct used by the Django project (https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/blob/main/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md <https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/>), and that is what we would like to use here as well.  It is short and simple and merely requires respect and consideration for others. We have a reporting guide on our web site which explains how to report behavior you feel violates the code of conduct and what we will do in response. (https://www.isc.org/conductreporting/ <https://www.isc.org/conductreporting/>)
Unless there is significant objection, we will merge the proposed Code of Conduct into the Kea gitlab repo, where it will live, and post a link on the information page for this mailing list. Please feel free to reply to me directly if you are uncomfortable posting to the list on this topic.
Thank you

Vicky
Vicky Risk
Product Manager