[Kea-users] remote-global-parameter4-set host-reservation-identifiers

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Nov 6 15:28:12 UTC 2019

stephan at bahr-it.com writes:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to set the "host-reservation-identifiers" parameter via
> hook. The documentation says it is a global parameter, so I tried
> "remote-global-parameter4-set".

=> this works only for scalar (bool, int, real and string) parameters
and host-reservation-identifiers takes a list of string.

> I got the documentation that way, that it should be a list, but okay,
> let's try it as a string:

=> and the code checks if the provided value is of the right type so
this does not work.

> This looks like I use the right command, it knows
> 'host-reservation-identifiers' and how it wants it (as a list). But list
> didn't work. Am I missing something?

=> nothing: the config backend does not allow to change everything, only
a subset. Note to change not global host-reservation-identifiers using it
should work but if you have several shared networks or subnets I understand
you prefer to change the global value. Unfortunately this requires to
reload or reconfig the whole server configuration.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>