[Kea-users] DHCPv6 Reconfigure?

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Mon Dec 17 20:57:58 UTC 2018

On 17/12/2018 17:21, Templin (US), Fred L wrote:
> Hi, does kea have support for DHCPv6 “Reconfigure” messaging?
No. One of the GSOC projects in 2019 was to implement reconfigure. That
project made significant progress and implemented major parts of the
code, but there is still non-trivial part to be reviewed and to be written.

> And, are there any client implementations that exercise it?
AFAICT reconfigure is mandatory in docsis 3.0, so any cable modem that
claims docsis 3.0 compliance is supposed to support it.

The only other implementation I'm aware of that supports it is Dibbler.
I happen to be an author of that project. However, it was my hobby
project I was doing in my spare time and it is not longer supported (for
any stretch of that word). If you want to do some experiments with it
and it works - great. If it doesn't... there won't be anyone to help.

Tomek