[Kea-users] pefdhcp help

Nicolas Javier Pantazis nicolasjavierp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 22:29:05 UTC 2017

Hello Francis, good evening. Any news on my question??
​*​*
*Old*
*​* *​*
*issue:*

   1. I suppose it sends unicast
   ​ ​
   and I know it does NOT work: [root at geek njp]# /opt/kea/sbin/perfdhcp -6
   -e address-only 2001:db8:beef:55:2
   2. I suppose it sends multicast
   ​ ​
   and works:  [root at geek njp]# /opt/kea/sbin/perfdhcp -6 -l eth0

Continuing with my thesis I came across a curious
​ ​
observation. Evaluating the
​ ​
physical
​ ​
resources of the server during a stress test using perfdhcp I noticed that
kea-dhcp6 does not use any memory, but a lot of processing power
​ ​
(ran pidstat server side twice)!! Can this be ?? What is the explanation
for this behavior??

Thank you so much for all the help

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Nicolas Javier Pantazis <
nicolasjavierp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Francis, good morning. I have resolved the issue, scouring through
the logs I found a legend that read something like "Kea dropped package
because it is Unicast" so I investigated the options of perfdhcp and
reformulated how I call the script.

> Before: [root at geek njp]# /opt/kea/sbin/perfdhcp -6 -e address-only
2001:db8:beef:55:2
> After:  [root at geek njp]# /opt/kea/sbin/perfdhcp -6 -l eth0
>
> It works now but I still do not completely understand why the client was
sending  packages on unicast to the server and not responding.