[Kea-users] Updating kea.conf - does it need a daemon restart

Neil Briscoe neil.briscoe at 6point6.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 14:10:07 UTC 2017

One of the main reasons I have gone down the KEA route over the older DHCPd is due to the fact that the documentation says I can add/change/remove scopes from the configuration file without having to restart the daemon – which is important as I have approx. 10,000 subnet scopes…!

At the minute, during testing, I am restarting the daemon every time, which isn’t a problem.

Q – if I made changes to the kea.conf file (adding scopes), does the kea daemon feed these in and make the changes active automatically?

Q – if it does it automatically, how often does it check/reload the configuration?

Thanks,

Neil Briscoe