[Kea-users] Kea 1.0 EOL coming June 2017

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Mon May 1 23:11:00 UTC 2017

Kea Users,

Now that we have released Kea 1.2, we want to remind our users that we plan to discontinue support for Kea 1.0 in June 2017.  Please do not start deploying Kea 1.0 now, and if you are using 1.0, this would be a good time to plan to update.

Our current software support policy is published on our web site here: https://www.isc.org/downloads/software-support-policy/ <https://www.isc.org/downloads/software-support-policy/>, and we post EOL dates on the downloads page https://www.isc.org/downloads/ <https://www.isc.org/downloads/>.  While we do remove software from our downloads page after EOL, it remains available from our ftp server at https://ftp.isc.org/isc/kea/ <https://ftp.isc.org/isc/kea/>.

All Kea releases to date include new features and are considered development releases.  We will continue doing this to keep up with the pace of new development until further notice. Currently, we are issuing updates every 4 - 6 months, and there is no such thing as a maintenance-only release.   ISC offers support for the current, and immediate prior, regularly-released versions of Kea.  As the product matures, we will plan on supporting both maintenance and development branches.

At this time I expect we will be able to retire Kea 1.1 in December, 2017, after bringing out Kea 1.3 in the fall of this year.

Regards,

Vicky Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium