[Kea-users] Valid Lifetime for reserved hosts at kea 1.1.0

Özgür Fırat Özpolat ozgurozpolat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 08:49:01 UTC 2017

Is there a way to setting different release time (valid-lifetime) for reserved hosts in DHCPv4 space?

I'am working on a captive portal and i want to set low lifetime (60s) for unknown hosts. On the other hand; my reverved hosts doesnt need low lifetime.

Kea server use my router IP address (192.168.1.1) for subnet selection. So, i cant define another subnet for same host. I am using Kea 1.1.0 beacuse of MySQL backend support. I use to define different valid lifetimes for pools at isc-dhcp-server with ldap backend support.

I wasted many many hours with searching an solution but i couldnt find..