[Kea-users] Multiple ipv6 addresses/prefix reservations

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Feb 23 11:08:30 UTC 2017

> On http://kea.isc.org/wiki/KeaKnownIssues I see that  *"*Static reservation
> of multiple IPv6 addresses or multiple IPv6 prefixes is not supported." was
> specified for versions up to 1.0.0 but as been removed on 1.1.0.

=> in general this means the feature was implemented in 1.1.0.

> Does that mean I can reserve several IPv6 addresses on different
> network/pools for a single client ? Anything special to deal with in
> the configuration ?

=> for different netwoks so with different subnet IDs it works for sure.
Different pools is not relevant because host reservations are per
subnet IDs.

Note the last time I looked at the code (some days ago) the IPv6 host
reservation lookup function returned a range (i.e. a pair of
iterators) so multiple addresses or prefixes (vs the IPv4 function
which returned a pointer which can be null to an address so zero or
one address).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>