[Kea-users] Option 43 - Vendor-encapsulated-options

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Fri Aug 25 12:16:39 UTC 2017

> In the process of testing Kea for our environment, I have uncovered a
> peculiar use-case.  We have a particular vendor whose gear requires
> option 43 to contain a string.

=> currently Kea supports only encapuslated space in option 43.
This is a known defect but unfortunately not easy to fix.
BTW if you can send to us all details to help in the solution definition?

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: the only round-around is to define in src/lib/dhcp/std_option_defs.h
the option 43 to binary without encapsulated space and to rebuild Kea.