[Kea-users] Kea packages for FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Ubuntu

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Jun 9 13:41:14 UTC 2016

Tomek Mrugalski writes:
> 2. FreeBSD. It appears in the freebsd-ports repo under net/kea
> (https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/tree/master/net/kea). Not sure
> to which FreeBSD version this applies or even if there's strict FreeBSD
> version dependency. Anyone with FreeBSD experience willing to clarify
> that on wiki? Also, the link I put on wiki is to the repo files. Are
> there any better places to link to? Maybe there's an announcement sent
> when a new package is added?

=> freebsd-ports is package sources. The usual way to handle package
is to use binary packages so there is no real related FreeBSD versions.

> In particular, we're missing packages for Mac OS and for NetBSD. Both of

=> s/Mac OS/OS X/ even there is a rumor the name will change again soon.
For NetBSD the source package system is pkgsrc (and is not dedicated
to NetBSD). BTW there is no net/kea in it (yet).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: I know some people in the cited *BSD teams if needed.