[Kea-users] Kea packages for FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Ubuntu

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Thu Jun 9 13:17:37 UTC 2016

I was looking at the installation page (http://kea.isc.org/wiki/Install)
and found the list of OSes that package Kea seem to be out of date, so I
updated it a bit. New additions to the list are:

1. Ubuntu. Packages are available for upcoming yakkety yak/16.10.

2. FreeBSD. It appears in the freebsd-ports repo under net/kea
(https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/tree/master/net/kea). Not sure
to which FreeBSD version this applies or even if there's strict FreeBSD
version dependency. Anyone with FreeBSD experience willing to clarify
that on wiki? Also, the link I put on wiki is to the repo files. Are
there any better places to link to? Maybe there's an announcement sent
when a new package is added?

3. OpenBSD. I also found Kea package for OpenBSD.
http://openports.se/net/kea Is this the official repo? I've added it to
the list as well. Again, if there are OpenBSD users, feel free to update
or correct the links.

If your favourite distro doesn't have Kea packaged yet, you can help by
providing packages. You can also describe the installation process from
sources on our wiki. This was an essential thing to do back in BIND10
days when the software had tons of dependencies. Fortunately, we got rid
most of them long time ago.

In particular, we're missing packages for Mac OS and for NetBSD. Both of
those systems are being tested on our build farm, so it should be no
major hassles with preparing packages for those systems.

Thanks a lot to everyone who was involved in this work.

Tomek