[Kea-users] External script to enable or disable pools

Munroe Sollog mus3 at lehigh.edu
Wed Jul 27 15:03:51 UTC 2016

I am working on deploying a DHCP server with two declarations. They will be serving the same VLAN
and offering nonoverlapping pools.  Each pool will be using a different gateway address. I would
like the ability for a service (nagios) to be able to enable or disable a pool if/when the upstream
gateway becomes unavailable.

Does Kea currently support any sort of API that would allow me to achieve this?

I know that I could, through a script, edit the configuration and reload/restart the daemon, but I
was wondering if there was a more elegant way.
Thanks

Munroe Sollog
Network Analyst
Lehigh University