[Kea-users] Reaction to Option82

Михаил Ермаков m.ermakov at lks-tv.ru
Mon Dec 7 10:53:44 UTC 2015

Hi everybody.

I'm working in ISP and we are decided to use KEA as main DHCP server
within the migration to IPoE. Everything is good! But...

We plan to use Option82 to authorize and authenticate subscribers. Then
we're going to assign a private IP-address (like 10.10.10.1) and do some
NAT. The main goal is "port based authentication" where client's
MAC-address is not so important. When the subscribers change theirs
devices they are still valid for billing system because of "port based
authentication". So... can we use Option82 in KEA? For example, can we
allocate IP-address to subscriber based on Option82 (switch's
MAC-address and port number)? If we can, we'll be able to allocate one
and the same IP-address to subscriber even if the subscriber change
their device.

I'm really hope you can understand my poor English. I'm not so good in
it ) Sorry.
<https://slovari.yandex.ru/authorize/en-ru>