leasequery via fixed-address

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 20:43:47 UTC 2023

Hi Jason,

The issue there is that ISC DHCP does not create a lease when the
fixed-address keyword is used.  Therefore, there is no lease to query.
To get around that (comes with other side effects such as a new client
device cannot be assigned the static address until the lease expires),
you would want to not use the fixed-address keyword.  You can reserve
an address by creating a class that matches the client and then
creating a small pool of only one address that allows members of that
client's class.

Thank you,

Darren Ankney