leasequery via fixed-address

Jason Robertson jasonrob at uvic.ca
Tue Jun 27 17:12:30 UTC 2023

... I mistakenly sent this to the dhcp-worker mailing list initially.
better match for this list.

I'm assessing the IP locking feature available on arista eos devices:

https://www.arista.com/en/support/toi/eos-4-23-0f/14355-ip-locking-release-updates

Works well on a strictly dynamic pool however as the support doc
states, it doesn't work with hosts designated with a fixed-address.

Is there any config at my disposal to get around this problem?

The arista doc says to use "Use reserved leases instead.".  I am not
seeing any information on this from ISC or Arista.

Anyone else have experience with this?

- Jason