DISCOVERs from "unkown network segment" - suppress log messages?

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:23:54 UTC 2022

Since the log messages say: via 10.xx.xx.1: unknown network segment, I
assume that the 10.xx.xx.xx/xx subnet is not one you are concerned
with.  If that is, indeed, the case, I suggest adding a firewall rule
either on the server itself or further upstream to block traffic from
that subnet (or just the 10.xx.xx.1 host) to UDP port 67. The "via
10.xx.xx.1" indicates that the traffic is being relayed, so it should
be unicast and not difficult to add to the firewall.