Failover + Static host definitions

Ryan Shea ryan at muppethouse.com
Thu Jul 14 14:51:04 UTC 2022

Failover of a pool seems straightforward enough - however this is
insufficient in the case where static reservations are present in host
definitions. I am looking for some solution by which I have a redundant
pair of dhcpd services which can not only fail over leases from a pool, but
also keep those hosts with static reservations working.

Is this as simple as synchronizing the host config definitions and running
both services - without any particular concern about which server replies?
Manually managing host configs for reservations in two places seems
sub-optimal.