Ipv6 hostname in dhclient.conf

Anjali Krishna krishnaanjali42 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:04:26 UTC 2020

Hi

 I am using an embedded board with hostname "test_dut"[same under
/etc/hostname]. I am testing ipv6 ans ipv4 using dhcpd on server side with
- 6, - 4 options and client side I am using dhclient with - 6 and - 4
option for ipv6 and ipv4 respectively.
 Both the cases Ip assignment is happening without any trouble. But in
order to extend our application feature we are providing the information of
the connected devices to the user such as mac id, ip, hostname/client name
etc. In ipv4 these information are provided under dhcpd.leases file. In
case of ipv6 I am not able to find the hostname (test_dut) under the
dhcpd6.leases files

I tried with adding various options under dhclient.conf such as send
host-name "test_dut" and edited the dhclient-script under /sbin and called
set_hostname call under bound-renew-reboot section of ipv6. Still the
server lease file is not updating the hostname for ipv6 . But hostname is
updating for ipv4 connection.

How can I resolve this issue?

Regards,
Anjali