DHCPv6 RENEW with a new address

Mudric, Dusan (Dusan) dmudric at avaya.com
Wed Nov 23 14:39:47 UTC 2016

On RENEW, it is allowed to remove the old IPv6 address and add a new one:

18.1.3. Creation and Transmission of Renew Messages
    "The server may also add new addresses to the IA. "
    "The server may remove addresses from the IA by setting the preferred and valid lifetimes of those addresses to zero."

When will server do this? After an outage?

Regards,
Dusan.