Question on DHCP lease expiration

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Sun Feb 28 13:14:09 UTC 2016

Sounds like you just need normal dynamic leases. these will expire when
the client doesn't renew any more. You can add a host clause to set the
hostname, "option hostname foo.example.org;" or similar that will carry
through to the dns system. Just leave out the fixed-address statement.

Even though it is a 'random' address, if you only use the DNS name to
access the system then it doesn't matter what the IP address is.

regards,
-glenn