dhcp-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 25

Doug Granzow gunzour at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:39:37 UTC 2014

> From: "Nicolas C." <dhcp at nryc.fr>
>

> Hello Doug,
>
> I was the one making this comment and since then I've had several
> "partner down" situations (for several hours) and the problem did not
> occur when the peer came back.
>
> What version of ISC-DHCP are you using ? I'm running 4.2.5-P1, manually
> installed on Debian Wheezy and the "purge" issue is gone.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas

Thanks Nicolas. We are using 4.1.1-P1 which is bundled with CentOS. I will
look into upgrading to a newer version, although this will take some time.

Is there a specific bug fix that addresses this issue? I saw several
related to DDNS (26287, 23103) in the changelog, but nothing that seemed
specific to records being deleted when a peer comes back online. It would
help me to convince management that the issue is fixed if I can point to
the specific bug in the release notes.