DNS purged on failover

Nicolas C. dhcp at nryc.fr
Tue Apr 15 22:43:13 UTC 2014

Le 15/04/2014 21:54, Doug Granzow a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to find out more about properly configuring DDNS on dhcpd
> servers configured as a failover pair.
>
> I found a messages on this list from January (
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2014-January/017536.html
> ) that directly mentions what I have seen happen:
>
>  > Be careful with DDNS and failover : when a server dies and the other
>  > goes into "partner down", it works, but when the "dead" server comes
>  > back, it will purge all the expired leases it was managing.
>
> Is there a way to avoid this mass purge of DDNS entries?

Hello Doug,

I was the one making this comment and since then I've had several
"partner down" situations (for several hours) and the problem did not
occur when the peer came back.

What version of ISC-DHCP are you using ? I'm running 4.2.5-P1, manually
installed on Debian Wheezy and the "purge" issue is gone.

Cheers,

Nicolas