Looking for help with omapi/omshell

Sean Alderman salderman1 at udayton.edu
Tue Aug 27 20:53:02 UTC 2013

Greetings,
  I am new to the list, please forgive me if this is not the appropriate
list for this topic.

I'm working with TheForeman to configure unattended installations for both
Linux and Solaris (x86 and SPARC) servers.  I've seen examples of static
dhcpd.conf files where the administrator has created GROUP objects to
contain the various vendor specific options for each type of host
[1]<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/systems/networking/setup-dhcp-jsp-141470.html>.
I would very much like to mimic this configuration via omshell, but it does
not appear to be possible.  Omshell does not seem to like setting the
vendor-class-option

I'm running ISC dhcpd on OracleLinun 6.4 with pakcaged dhcp-4.1.1-34 if
that helps.

Here is a basic rundown of what I've tried...

   1. Enter omshell, set key/secret, connect to localhost
   2. Open New Host, set hardware-type, hardware-address, ip-address, name,
   and so forth.
   3. Attempt to set vendor-option-space to SUNW
   4. Attempt to set other vendor specific options within the SUNW space.
   5. Attempt create, and fail.

At this point I'm not sure if I've got the syntax wrong or if there aren't
means to accomplish this via the omapi.  FWIW, I don't need to set all of
the vendor options in the host record, I could very easily make it such
that all the vendor options are inherited from the group if there is a way,
via omshell/api to define a new host to be part of a group.

[1]
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/systems/networking/setup-dhcp-jsp-141470.html

Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance!