dhclient6, IA_PD hints, Comcast, and a "pd hint"

Troy Telford ttelford.groups at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 19:25:44 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-23 05:16:54 +0000, Steven Carr said:

> On 23 August 2013 05:43, Troy Telford <ttelford.groups at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Great.  How do I request the /60 to begin with?
>
> I don't think dhclient can handle those options, there certainly isn't
> anything I can see in the man pages to indicate it can.

While this is true, there are numerous "oh, it's not documented yet"
like messages when I try to google for more information, so I figured
the mailing list might be able to point to little-known documentation.

>  Have you tried installing dhcp6c which is the DHCPv6 client that that
> configuration is for?

The config that is there is for Cisco's iOS; there is a different one
one user put up which is for the wide-dhcp-client.

While I'm not against using an alternate DHCP client (whether the
wide-dhcp-client or the dibbler client), I was hoping that ISC dhclient
would.
--
Troy Telford