Where is host IP address stored in server and How to set expire option??

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed May 2 16:04:46 UTC 2012

shweta jogi wrote:
>I know that static assignment is not stored in /var/db/dhcpd/dhcp.leases. So
>from where can I found record of fixed address?? It is not in reserved list.

The server doesn't keep any track of them at all. They are in the
config file and read at startup, beyond that they never exist outside
of the in-memory tables. Assignments created via OMAPI will be
different - I assume they will be in the leases file (but not as a
regular lease).

The thing to remember is that a fixed-address assignment does not go
through the normal lease process. The server just hands it out
whenever that matching client asks for an address - it doesn't keep a
record of having done that.

--
Simon Hobson