Where is host IP address stored in server and How to set expire option??

glen.neff at emc.com glen.neff at emc.com
Wed May 2 15:08:37 UTC 2012

> I know that static assignment is not stored in /var/db/dhcpd/dhcp.leases. So
> from where can I found record of fixed address?? It is not in reserved list.

The record is in your config.  I operate a server with no dynamic scopes, but thousands of static mappings, and when the daemon is started, this is what gets printed:

Wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file.
Wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to leases file.
Wrote 0 leases to leases file.

-G

/*
 * Glen R. J. Neff
 * USD Lab Operations Infrastructure Team
 * glen.neff at emc.com
 *
 * EMC^2 == E^2
 */