dhcpd.conf logging statement documentation

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Tue Mar 27 10:41:12 UTC 2012

On 27.03.2012 12:22, Vasiliy Molostov wrote:
> man page states for logging statement with the following example:
>
> logging {
> channel update_debug {
> file "/var/log/update-debug.log";
> severity debug 3;
> print-category yes;
> print-severity yes;
> print-time yes;
> };

That's an example for logging in bind not dhcpd.

> Please dont offer syslog, since I have stated already that Im not going to configure it, because I want to configure only dhcpd.conf. Also, please note that I have asked for a document reference.

dhcpd only logs to syslog unless you start it with option "-d". With
"-d" it will log everything to stderr.

You can't change it in with dhcpd.conf. The standard daemon will only
log to syslog.

You can get more debugging messages if you define some DEBUG symbols
during compilation. See the source code for details.

Gerald