Fwd: Diferent dhcp relay

André netriver at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:54:16 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm running a dhcp server and recently I needed to add a second relay that
will connect to this server.

My relays are on the networks
10.1
and 10.2

This is a cable network so cm's will be served from 10.1 and 10.2
Due to equipment restrictions I require to use the dhcp giaddr of 10.1.x.1
and 10.2.x.2 for all the hosts
requesting a IP address.

To solve this I created to shared networks
The cpe hosts in share net 1 work well no issues the cm's get online ok

My problem is in the new equipment in share net 2 cm's get online well,
cpe's don't they allways get
DHCPDISCOVER from 00:14:2a:xc:xx:xc via x.x.x.x: unknown client

My only way to distinct the hosts at this moment is
CM's have docsis vendor class and have a host { } declaration

CPE's use de remote-id that's obtained from the relay

I'm missing something in the config for the second shared-network or
something is wrong

Any sugestions ?

Best regards,
FR