Cross Compiling DHCP

Alfredo Torre alfredotorre82 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:44:02 UTC 2011

Hi all
I'm trying to cross compile dhcp for arm, I'm not so expert. Can someone
give me some indications?
I ran the ./configure, with this line:

./configure --host=arm-linux --cachefile=config.cache

where config.cache is a file created by me with the following line:

ac_cv_file__dev_random=yes

The configure seems to run correctly, and I have a Makefile. When i tried to
make, I saw that the compiler looks for compiled files in the /bind folder,
so I tried to compile files in it. When I ran the ./configure command, with
the value arm-linux for the --host option, he stops with an error
"configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling".
What am I missing?
I'm Googling but I can't find anything useful.
Thanks!