A Perl omshell Mystery

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu May 5 21:09:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 15:59 -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> Peter Rathlev writes:
> > Long shot, but does it change anything to run the script with "LANG=C"?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it ran exactly as
> before. Here is an output.
<snip>

The only other thing I could think of now is whether omshell might
expect some kind of dialogue, and somehow dislikes just having all the
commands thrown at it.

A simple test would be to let the Perl script pause for e.g. 0.5 seconds
between each line. This is probably too slow for production but might
shine some light on the problem.

If pauses indeed resolve the issue then Expect (maybe Expect.pm) might
be the answer.

--
Peter