'reject' list in the ISC DHCPv6 client

Carsten Strotmann (Men & Mice) carsten.strotmann at menandmice.com
Fri Mar 4 10:32:45 UTC 2011

Hello Frank,

I can only guess, probably someone at the vendors side found it a good idea.

The vendor is now aware of the issue and will fix it. But I expect
similar issue to surface, and for the same reasons that the "reject"
function was useful in the DHCPv4 client, it will be useful in the IPv6
client.

Sometimes as a DHCP client operator you do not have control over the
network and the DHCP misconfigurations therein.

Of course the best is to educate people so that this problems are
avoided. That is why ISC has excellent DHCP training classes :)

Best regards

Carsten Strotmann