Is there any protection mechanism for a spamming dhcp client?

Jürgen Dietl juergen.dietl at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:49:00 UTC 2011

Hello Alex,

no you are not dumb. I did a mistake in understanding and sorry for that.
The client gets only ONE IP Address but this 590.000 times. So I have a very
big log file etc. and the cpu usage is also very high.

Concerning the ip-table proposal:

Is there a way to ignore a special amount of packets with ip table? I dont
want to block all the packets from the client. Can you maybe post an example
for IP-Tables?

thanx a lot,
cheers,
Juergen